Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Rome May 11, 2011 earthquake: the cars leaving the city

I think of those apocalyptic movies, usually of the horror genre, where people are fleeing from a dangerous place. Because of zombies, or strange creatures, or bad stories, I do not know, however I have in mind images of a protagonist again in reverse, driving his car, peering in the rearview mirror scared, like the characters in Jurassic Park flee at full throttle from the T-Rex in the forest.

Disturbing images that I got to blow my mind in a few minutes ago, returning to my home in Rome, led by a couple of articles for this blog. I had just parked my car in one of the many side streets that flank the central park in my neighborhood when I come across a young couple with two bags, ready to go away ...

far from the earthquake that will occur tomorrow, Wednesday, May 11, 2011 . Scary stuff! Returning home, I wonder if it is not I the fool who does not believe (you believe it?), Very nearly touched my head the idea of spending the night in the car, but I think it would be too, too ridiculous.

Then I return to the scenes of the first, the rows of cars fleeing a city where the specter of death hovers. The ingredients are there: a megalomaniac scientist predicted a major earthquake on this date in Rome, he who struck the two predictions in full. For a couple of searches done on the web immediately next to the answer that this is a blatant hoax, by both the scientist Bendandi Raffaele, who has never really spoken by both of his own theories.

Yet without shaking the earth will tremble, the Romans, fled the city, cars evade the dark area to find refuge elsewhere. Meanwhile, I've found the scene of the movie I was looking for: The Stand, TV movie adapted from a best seller by Stephen King. An epidemic affecting 99% of U.S. residents, survivors, at first, they abandon their city, thinking that everyone else is still alive.

Too bad that the dying before moving on to the afterlife they will see that something was wrong and they too began to go away by car. The hero leaves town after miles of abandoned cars flanked the edges and the middle of the road. Comes in a tunnel, and is clogged is forced to walk, and very scared.

If you happen tomorrow ... well, someone would have to laugh about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment