Friday, April 1, 2011

Kimi Raikkonen will race in Nascar

The Finn and former Ferrari Formula 1, Kimi Raikkonen is preparing for a new twist, in fact after leaving F1 for the World Rally Championship, Kimi decided that the future will see him also in the category American Nascar. The landing in America with the Team will be Kimi with which the Finn will compete in the WRC in 2011 at the wheel of the Citroen DS-3, namely the Ice 1 Racing Team.

The news was made public by the same Raikkonen, who told the Finnish newspaper Turun Sanomat that American will begin his new adventure from the category Camping World Truck Series racing championship that involves derivatives of the pick-up. This in perspective of a future step in Nationwide and Sprint Cup Series, two broad categories of "secondary standard" U.S..

Raikkonen's comments on his new change in the category: "I can not wait to get familiar with the world of Nascar, because now I follow him a long time, but I know it is very tough and hard fought races, I love the spirit in which races are experienced in America, so I'm happy to be able to join, it will be a great challenge and I'm sure I'll enjoy.

"

No comments:

Post a Comment